- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
SJS Hartons collects the following data:
- Name, Surname, Email Address, Phone Number and Home Address
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide SJS Hartons with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our social media platforms or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
SJS Hartons collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
How do we store your data?
SJS Hartons securely stores your data on our website, which is protected by the secure server software (SSL) as the industry standard among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including your name and address, so that it cannot be read as the information is transferred over the internet. However, while SJS Hartons maintains high standards in protecting your security, no transaction over the internet or storage of information on servers connected to the internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. Information may also be stored within our premises at FF8, Ellul Complex, Triq Indri Psaila, Qormi.
SJS Hartons will keep your personal information for 5 years from the date of your last order. Once this time period has expired, your data will be deleted from our database and records.
If you agree to receive this marketing, you always have the possibility to opt out at any time.
You have the right to stop SJS Hartons from contacting you for marketing purposes whenever you wish. If you no longer wish to hear from us, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
SJS Hartons would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The Right To Access – You have the right to request SJS Hartons for copies of your personal data.
The Right To Rectification – You have the right to request that SJS Hartons correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SJS Hartons to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The Right To Erasure – You have the right to request that SJS Hartons erase your personal data.
The Right To Restrict Processing – You have the right to request that SJS Hartons restrict the processing of your personal data, to the extent that any orders you place can still be fulfilled effectively through our regular operating procedures.
The Right To Object To Processing – You have the right to object to SJS Hartons’s processing of your personal data for purposes beyond that of fulfilling any orders you place.
The Right To Data Portability – You have the right to request that SJS Hartons transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation which is related to SJS Hartons, or directly to you.
If you make a request, we will respond to it within 1 month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through one of the methods outlined further below.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
- Keeping you signed in
- Saving items you add to the shopping cart
- Understanding how you use our website
- Giving you a more personalised and convenient experience
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – SJS Hartons uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – SJS Hartons uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. SJS Hartons may sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and you could delete cookies from your browser’s history settings. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us